10-19-2023, 01:32 PM   #2
SlowE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 2007 335i, E60 2008 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrogers View Post
Hi All,

New to the forum, recently acquired a 95k E90, came with JB4, Chargepipe and filter, I have since added VRSF DP and FMIC.

Prior to fitting the DP and FMIC I noticed some issued with it starting, almost as if the starter was sticking. It had enough charge to get the car started and once started engine ran fine. However after some small trips I went to start and it would not turn over, typical behavior when you have a low battery. I got a jump and it started first time so assumed bad battery and replaced (I didnt check voltage). It has since turned out that it was a new battery so this was not a battery issue or the origin was not the battery.

With the new battery in it started and drove totally fine but over time I have noticed the starting being a little longer and 'stickier'. Its still starting every time but not smoothly and consistent. Its fine once its warmed up, starts normally.

Post DP and FMIC install,

Last night I was in 5th and pulling (WOT) and indicating left on an offramp and the car triggered into limp mode with a DSC error and Break on the dash, complete loss of power and I drifted to a stop. Restarted the car and it was back to normal no remaining errors.

I have ran codes and am getting two related to the DME,

36FD DME main relay, implausibility open
29D0 Misfire 4th cylinder of engine
3876 The diagnostic function monitors the onboard electrical system's voltage at the DME while the engine is running.
36C9 Charge pipe or air leak

Going to check, 0. Tyre pressures (I read it can mess around with the speed sensors.... and I did just put more air in one of the rears) 1. engine ground cable 2. chargepipe is secure no leaks 3. Fusebox and battery cable (my VIN is not flagging the recall so it may have been done) and test if still happening 4. Alternator voltages and replacement 5. Speed sensors & alignment

Is there anything else I should be looking at. I am going to test after each step.

Thanks all
When you changed the battery did you register it to your vehicle?
Appreciate 0