View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
ShaneN.
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 05 c6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Macht View Post
In regards to power, I'm running an E85 pro tune with a BMS dual cone intake, and my highest numbers that were consistent (using Virtual Dyno) were right around 400rwhp. It's really not that tough to get the power you're looking for. My pro tune is still a work-in-progress, and we even dialed it back a bit, but I saw between 395 and 405rwhp pretty consistently running nothing but a dual cone intake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneN. View Post
I don't want to run any meth or e85 or race gas and most importantly i want it to be a problem free car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shata View Post
Like he said 400 is possible easy, You wont have problems with internals breaking what your going have problems with is HPFP (mostly taken care of), Water pump, Waste gate, turbo. Water pumps go around 50-60k from what ive seen if not earlier.
hpfp would be covered it seems. what's the kind of cost on waste gate and water pump? i've been reading some more and i think i'd like to do a cobb stage 2+fmic. probably run the 91 sport tune and run 94 in it for a little octane buffer zone (not even sure if that'd help at all). is this entirely too much power/boost for the stock turbos? what actually happens when the turbos let go, is it going to cause motor issues as well... as in taking in broken impeller junks or something? like is it as simply as sitting aside some money just in case the turbos go and then it's an excuse to upgrade and make more power at that point?

Last edited by ShaneN.; 07-01-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0