07-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
e90'D10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG 2010 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewrick View Post
On my local dyno a stock 335i does 245whp/260wtq. Intake gives about 5whp 15wtq. FMIC, depending on brand, will only get another 10whp/10wtq. Downpipes will get around 15whp/20wtq.

The tune will vary the amount of gains so it's not as simple as just adding up the numbers.

Even some Mustang Dynos will vary from place to place as well so there isn't a definitive dyno standard that can be reliably translated from place to place.

The local dyno is very accurate though and brand new so I trust it. It showed a 300 hp STi, 300hp 350z, 300hp 335i all at 240-245whp so it's been very accurate in my experience.

*OP if you want big dyno numbers there are some tricks. Find a Dynojet dyno first off, they read the highest generally. Then make sure and keep ice water in a spray bottle to spritz the intercooler before runs. Make sure the car is warmed up properly for full turbo power. Use some octane booster from Wal-Mart or where ever. Make sure traction control is completely off for the runs. There are other little tricks as well that I'm not too familiar with. I always just dyno as a benchmark for myself to diagnose and understand how my car is running.
+1 I have to strongly agree with this because every place is different i.e. dyno's FBO's and what not. As mentioned you can't just add numbers up to the "max" and think their going to sit on top of each other. E.g. 5hp part with a 15hp part isn't going to be 20hp. It's going to find the best possible mix that both parts relate and work well together to get the "max" but will never be 20hp. Mind you I'm talking number wise not what part does what to achieve X amount of power
Appreciate 0