11-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
Narvin
@narvinbeans
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jet Black E92 M3

@narvinbeans e92 build thread

update page 3

Hello!

I recently just picked up an E92 from someone on the forums =). It will be my daily driver so I picked up a 328i instead of a 335i because I am trying to stay out of trouble .

Car is 2008 328i one owner A/T
Monaco Blue
Jade Grey interior
Sport package
Nav
Premium Package

Some of you may know me from my blown M5 and my previous 530i.
@narvinbeans on IG

Anyways, onto the E92!
The car was almost bone stock when I purchased it. It already had painted kidney grills, and LCI tails! LCI tails are a huge + because they look so much better than the pre-LCI...

Here is the car after I purchased it: (small pic so you can't see me lmao. this is what a ricer looks like)

I actually ordered mods before I purchased the car: High kick CF spoiler and LEDs all around.
24 LED license plate lights.. this thing is insanely bright!

I installed these things as soon as I got home from picking up the car.

Fast forward one week, and here I am now! In that one week I ordered:
Lux H8 160
DGR Coilovers 10k fronts and 14k rears with pillowball mounts
Interior Trim wrap (brushed black)
Exterior Trim wrap next week

I am loving the angel eye bulbs. They are extremely bright compared to stock halogen! Would recommend.. Installing them sucked though. Unless you've got sissy hands it's like a 15 minute install because of trying to shove your fingers in there.

New vs stock

with lights on

DGR COILOVERS

10k fronts
14k rears
because weak stance..

but on the real, my honest review is that even with the custom rates they ride pretty well. Much better than the stock suspension IMO. I took a chance on new suspension just because I'm a risk taker.. But here are a few issues that I ran into:

Because I ordered 14k springs for the rear, it was shortened so you cannot safely lower it without the springs being loose in the air... Ideally you want it to be snug. My struts are maxed out in the rear so I'm a little scared to lower the rears. but probably will go another 1/2 inch.

Dampening adjustment does NOT fit under strut bar in fronts.

Because of the strut bar as well, you cannot really adjust the camber unless you take off the assembly.. but that's more of an issue with the strut bar.

Fronts are ALMOST maxed out. I will need to take off a collar to be as low as I'd like.. The pic of the coilover is before I lowered it some more, so about half of that is where I'm at right now.

Overall, if you're not planning to tuck tire, these are a great coilover for the price!

More to come:

Wheels, M tech bumpers, M3 sideskirts, etc...

Last edited by Narvin; 12-31-2015 at 02:22 AM..
Appreciate 0