View Single Post
      05-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #369
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloy View Post
Well, the past two mornings my 08 E93 did the long crank, irratic idle and the half engine signal along with engine malfunction in the idrive. I shut it off and restart and everything is normal. I have 33K on it now. I bought her used with 31K and when I bought her I was allowed to see the service history and the hpfp was replaced at 14.8K.

I'm just wondering if this "malfunction" gets stored in the pcm so a tech would be able to read it?
I would say this--as long as you're under warranty, eventually everything will be fixed. I have experienced the same thing, motor quits out of nowhere, restart and everything is fine. Initially, fine for weeks. As it progressed, worse and worse, to the point of can't make it less than 1 mile to the Post Office. The repeated trips to the dealership are maddening--one thing I have not done is to go to another dealership. I went to two yesterday because I had time to kill after a meeting at lunch, and I saw two dealerships that were less than 3 y.o. Wow, how different than mine. Can you believe that in one people were overly polite? Asked me if I want a beverage, offered to let me watch tv (no other customers were waiting), etc. Problem is both these dealerships are more than 20 miles from me when mine is about 4 miles.

The other thing that is vague is I think codes are stored, and they are instructed to clear them and see if they come right back. If not, you're back on the road without a repair....
Appreciate 0