05-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
56nomad56
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanginaglaz View Post
Did you CW or CCW?

If you're passing that many cars, I would ask to get bumped up to a more advanced run group. Being in the beginner group, did you get a couple on instructor rides? I shaved about 10 seconds off my time with an instructor. It helps when someone is telling you not to lift

I'm really bummed out that I didn't get to go. Maybe next time.
Yes, it was CW. Riding with Jason in the advanced group really made me realize how capable a 3-series can be on a big track, he was very helpful. I have no illusions about keeping up with "proper" track cars, but the handling and speed of his E46 M3 were amazing.

I might try the blue (intermediate) group next time, as I was getting frustrated with a lot of slower traffic. I studied track instructional videos, write-ups, everything I could get my hands on so I think I was better prepared than many others in the beginner group.

I hope to do a few things before I go out next time:
- stainless brake lines
- better brake fluid
- camber plates
- if I really got into it I would love to get the new Apex wheels in a square setup, but the car is only leased for 2 more years so maybe not such a good idea to spend too much $$$. Maybe instead get some Pilot Super Sports for the stock wheels and call it a day...
Appreciate 0