10-28-2006, 05:12 AM   #1
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Talking DIY-xenon day time running lights !

ok guys so I finaly had the time to change the horrible hallogen day time running lights for xenon lights,the are size H7, and BTW try to get a a higher temp that the HID (4500K) because went they are use as Day Time running lights they are less bright, so try to get 5000 to 6000k so they look like HID during day light and blueish went you flash at night ( remember that at night they are only use to flash, regular high beams are the same as your low beams) you can get a set at www.eurodezigns.com I used to have them in old car and they are really good quality and they offer life time warranty I recomend this one to all of my friends but you can use any brand that you like

As most of you know your day time running lights / flashers are yellow here is my little DIY that will guide you step by step on how to change them maybe this mod is more for my canadians friends because they can't turn this lights off I did it because I hate my flashers to be yellow they look really bad

This DIY is for only cars that have HID headlights

DIY dificulty (1-10) = 6

total time = 40 min

1. locate the light housing ( see pic)

2. remove the cover (see pic)

3. jack up the car ( good luck if you try to do it with out removing the wheel is almost imposible) put a cortton tower on the jack so you don't mess up the plastic jacking points ( see pic ) i

4. remove wheel ( if the wheel does not what to come off you have to kick it out sometimes they are hard to remove) ( see pic)

5. remove all the screws to remove front wheel cover ( see pic)

6. locate the headlight housing

7. remove the plactic connector to expose the bulb (see pic)

8. with a long tool hold the bulb and remove it, just pull it off you don't need to twist it (see pic)

9. plug the plastic connector ( you can only plug it one way so don't worry about + and - ) to the new xenon bulb and tell someone to use the flashers to make sure they light work ( you need to put the car in ACC position so you can use them DO NOT turn on the car while is jack up )

10. insert the new xenon bulb intro the housing with the part that is flat facing up ( see pic) you will hear a metal click

11. put the headlight cover on before puting the wheel cover

12. put the wheel cover on and secure all the screws

13. put the wheel back on

14. lower the car

15. do the same on the other side

16. finaly enjoy your new xenon day time running lights /flashers :rocks:

ohh forgot to mention wait for your calibers, engine and headlights to cold down!! especialy the calibers it hurt like a ....
Attached Images

Last edited by calvino; 10-28-2006 at 06:07 AM..
Appreciate 0