View Single Post
      07-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
i know this might angry some coming from a non American that doesnt know the situation/culture in the U.S, but looking at the events last yesterday with the Aurora killings i thought i may ask.
dont you find that being able to buy guns and ammo freely, i mean this guy bought a lot of ammo and guns all legal, is damaging to the society? wouldnt gun control assist in reducing crime? someone might argue that "the bad guys" would still find guns, which is true. But it will also prevent events like someones gets angry at their teacher and then takes a gun killing people in schools and such.

i would like to here your point of view on this? Should gun pocession be illegal? why? why not?
Gun "possession", should be totally legal. As you already said, people who need a gun to commit a crime; will get a gun to commit the crime. Someone who needs to protect them self, won't be able to.

Every time there is an event like this, this question is always brought up. The same way after 9-11 you could argue that planes should be illegal. Or after that driver in Brazil ran over countless bikers who were in his way, that cars should be illegal.

There will always be bad people in the world, criminalizing guns is not an effective way to stop them.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0