View Single Post
      03-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #214
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Ahhh.....the great oil debate......you could talk about this subject until the end of time and academia.....many great points here.....but hardly the Achilles heel for the end of your bmw motor.....the reliability of any given motor is dependant on too many variables(bearings,tolerances,fasteners,pollutants ,expansion/contraction cycles,blow by,usage,climate etc etc etc to almost infinite variables)
At the end of the day all that matters is that you change your oil,filters within reasonable intervals(I prefer to change mine much earlier than bmw's OCI but this is my preference)but at the end of the day just do what you want...don't let oil get too low and lastly stop worrying about which oil is superior to another as the chance of any given engine giving up the ghost is probably in no way related to oil failure and more likely a bearing that was made poorly or the materials used were flawed leading to a premature demise.
So folks.......keep calm and lube on.....and don't worry so much about oil quality.....end rant!
Appreciate 0