View Single Post
      05-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #11
Yahoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i e91 LCI msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DervFan View Post
Any suggestions regarding alternative makes/models both RFT and non-RFTs.....
I changed my 19" RFTs with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. They are a well rated tyre with a good price tag (£500 for a set of 4).

I have been extremely impressed with the tyres in all situations so far. They are a huge improvement on the RFTs. All of the harshness, chrashiness and tramlining are gone - driving over cats eyes no longer risks displacing a tooth and minor rattles are gone too.

I personally felt that the RFTs were acceptable for what they are, but replacing them for non run flats makes a significant improvement to the whole driving experience. I really understand why Alpina and M Division do not use RFTs - they significantly comprimise the driving experience of what should be a segment leader in this area, and is when shod with non run flats.

Back to the Vredesteins, they really are a seriously good tyre. Do some research, they are very well rated on many decent motoring forums and review sites. I purchased mine from Pneus Online, a very competitive retailer.

Also - the Vredesteins are XL rated and so have a relatively hard side wall, making them a good combination with the RFT tuned setup on e92s in particular.

Hope this helps.

Ben
Appreciate 0