View Single Post
      06-02-2006, 02:00 AM   #1
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
my bad experience with eisenamnn....read this...

Well, as you guys know I was the first to get the Eisenmann quad exhaust system in the U.S. I arranged this through John, the owner of Eisenhaus, who had the quad system sent to me before it was officially introduced.

There had been many problems with the quad exhaust I had received, but I had not said anything negative on the forums, because I wanted to give Eisenhaus a chance to fix these problems. Customer service couldn’t help me, so I left a message, and waited about 3 weeks before someone with enough authority to help finally got back to me. I expected help and mutual cooperation, but I was shocked to hear what this guy said to me. Instead of offering solutions to the fitment problems I had, he insulted me by questioning my technical abilities. He told me that had I taken the exhaust system to a muffler shop, they would have installed it properly. I own machine shop and manufacture precision parts; yet, I need the expertise of a muffler guy to properly cut the stock exhaust and bolt on the Eisenmann system? Seriously, with the few modifications I had to make—since Eisenmann did not design this perfectly—the overall installation was easier to do than removing the amber plastic piece from the sealed headlights I disassembled.

Now I feel obligated to tell you about my overall experience with Eisenmann.

First, I received my exhaust system with black soot on it. As soon as I noticed this, I immediately took pictures and emailed them to Eisenmann. Instead of an apology, their response was " don’t worry, that exhaust will get black over time.” I paid for a new exhaust system, not a used one. Nonetheless, I started the installation.

Second, during my installation I found out that the extra tip mounting point required a spacer (not included) to make it sit properly. I couldn’t go to the hardware store to buy a washer so I got creative and cut one of my sockets (I checked and double checked the box but found nothing).

I finally got the exhaust on and did a video clip. This video was the first one I did following the installation. You can see that one side is blowing out way more then the other side. Imagine how this would look on a cold or foggy night. Damn. I didn’t post this video clip weeks ago, because I wanted to give Eisenmann a chance to fix this shortcoming. Obviously, they have no desire to fix this.

http://livedigital.com/content/339741/u18649
Appreciate 0