09-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #43
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
There are other options available, some very much cheaper.

You should do yourself a favor and search up on the topic before making a tune decision. There are also some in the pipes both piggyback and flash.

I'm waiting for my VAC module (they're sending me one for evaluation), but as far as I know, nothing's changed.

I've heard from 2 different people that have the module that there's no high end grunt, but I can't speak from personal experience, but with 2 other tunes tested on my car, I'll have a pretty good point of reference when it arrives.
Thank you for the reply. I will be interested to hear your impressions as well as to hear from Jim. Jim's comments sounded very positive as it relates to gain in the lower and upper RPM range.

As for doing myself a "favor" by searching up on the topic, I thought the intent of my post made it clear that's exactly what I am doing. That said, admittedly I am in the early stages of my research and so far I like what I hear about the VAC module. I also like the fact that it is plug-and-play like the Conforti Shark Injector that I used in my '99 M-Coupe.
Appreciate 0