Thread: N54 CAMS?!
View Single Post
      07-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #41
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

Nissan's VQ35 engine has CVVT (continuous variable valve timing) and they had new cams out within the 1st year of the car's release. I am not sure how that relates to VANOS etc. but I mean they aren't simple american OHV cams either.

I just think mods are going to take longer on this car because there aren't as many N54 tuners as with many other more popular "tuner" cars. Smaller market means parts will cost more since you have less sales to make your total profit off of. Higher prices will delay the sales further, if not indefinitely for many people. Kinda like upgraded turbos, we have to pay $5k to have our stock turbo's rebuilt with slightly larger internals. Others get to pay $5k for a complete kit (manifolds, piping, FMIC, turbo/s, tune, injectors, etc.). Not because our parts are more expensive, but because they won't sell 1/10 as many of our parts.

We have an excellent platform. I like the fact that I rarely see a 335i on the road, but in turn that means we have to pay tons more money for mods.
Appreciate 0