03-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #65
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
I'm about to go to the track tomorrow with my dad (Willow Springs) I'm taking my e90. I'm kind of sketched out about the wheels and tires. I have 19's pretty thin tire wall too (I think 30). They're Hankook Ventus V12. They're 255 in the back and 235s in the front.

My question is; should I put my stock wheels and tires back on? They are 225/ 45 r17 continental contiprocontact ssr rsc (runflat) tires all around (STYLE 158 so they're very light!). So they are lighter but less rubber contact because they are smaller.

I also rub a little in the back with my current set-up because I have KW V1, is that bad on the track to rub? Do you guys think I'll rub with my old wheels since the tire wall is pretty fat? Any tips!?

Sorry to use this thread just didn't want to make a new one for a small thing..but I will post pics!
The Hankook V12 tires are fine, I have been on track with them before. Decent traction and they're predictable.

You will notice the rubbing a lot more on track, as a matter of fact I can almost guarantee you will rub in every turn for as long as it takes you go to go through the turn. It will be a distraction.

The tires on your stock wheels are all seasons, not ideal for the track; and RFT's are poor performers in general. But if it's your first time to the track it won't make too much of a difference and it might actually be better for your learning if you have less grip. Put the stockers on the car and see if they rub.