View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
01tj
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 330i

Replacing two vehicles with an E9X

Right now I have two daily drivers and my wife thinks it would be better to sell both and get one DD.

My currant DD's are my 01 Jeep that I ordered and bought new in 01 with probably $5000 in off road goodies added on. It has about 80,000 miles on it and is in decent shape. It is great for winter though because I know no matter how much snow we get I can get out. It has front and rear lockers and is gear low enough that if I put it in 1st it will creep down any snow covered hill with no drama. On the other hand its hard to load the kids into the back and when I'm coaching basketball I can't haul all of my equipment.

My summer/road trip car is my 02 E46 330i which only has about 40,000 miles on it. I look forward to road trips with this car and it has enough room for the wife kids and a weekends worth of luggage. The only probably with this car is being RWD it won't make it out of the garage in the snow and even if it did I'll never get it back into our development if it snow while I'm gone.

I've been looking at a lot of different vehicles but I'm not sure I'll enjoy any of them as much as my car and if they seem like they will be as fun they're no were near as capable as my Jeep. I want something that I'll look forward to driving on nice days and long trips but I'll have no trouble getting out when it snows. I've considered (all used) a 6-speed V6 Cayenne, Lancer Evo, Subi STi, Subi Legacy GT spec V and an Audi A4.

Of course loving my car I am also considering an X-drive E9X sedan 335i, 330i, or 328Ti.

How much less reliable (on average) will a 335i be than the other two? How much will I be let down on power with the 328Ti if I could even find an X-drive with a 6-speed? Were the 330i's pretty reliable?

Thanks for any help you can give
Appreciate 0