Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
And that still doesn't excuse the Northern Illinois thing. They're not in a big conference (i.e. Kansas in 2007) and they're not undefeated (i.e. Hawaii and Boise State in their big years). 12-1 isn't BCS-worthy unless it's in a tough conference.

Your argument is defeating itself.

Kansas won the BCS game you just referenced (2008 Orange Bowl)

Boise State has won 2 BCS Fiesta bowls, can't remember the year. One was recent though. "Their good years"

Hawaii made it the year they did good to a BCS Bowl, and then they lost, cause they played a real team in the Sugar bowl, I think it was Georgia who beat them.

I actually am glad to see NIU in the BCS mixup, it shows a bit of how broke the system has become. With that said, going 12-1 is no easy task, no matter what conference you are in.

I am happy to see NIU make it, it's good for football. Notre Dame making the Champ game is even better for football, it keeps it riled up. It would be even better if they won, which sadly, they won't.

Just my input.
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0