View Single Post
      05-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
noidea
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
care to share on price. did u get them locally, or overseas?
if overseas, how did u bypass customs. u can pm me if u like
I imported them from USA. The total cost for the wheels, Ikon exhaust & H&R Springs is around $5000 include tyres, Freight, custom duty and custom agent charges.

The custom inspection is a funny story. My custom broker help me to by-pass the custom which there was no fumigation needed. Broker know thier way.

In the case of the duty, well, it is very easy. Me and the seller make up the commercial invoice and declare the value to only $1500 US. Not to forget my shipment also come with the H&R Springs and Ikon exhaust.

The only problem with this is that i have spend almost 4 months waiting, quoting around for best price, arrangement for pick-up & ...... First, you need to contact the agent in USA to pick-up the item from the seller. The the Agent will store the items in thier warehouse until there is an LCL (Loose Container) to come to Perth. The agent will prepare all the export docs and have your shipments on Board.

When the shipment arrived Australia. Another Agent take over and do the declaration and after okay from custom the item is ready for pick-up.

The step is very easy really. I do have the Contact of the agent in USA. They are call Logical Freigth Inc and they have thier agent in all over in Australia. Which means u only have to pay the frieght charges once the item arrived Australia and u pay the total shipping fees in AUD to the Agent in Australia.

Since i have done all the hard work for you guys if u guys need to import any stuff from USA please let me know and i will pass you the Agent contact detail to you.
Appreciate 0