View Single Post
      09-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #79
Grendeltouring
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E91 M-sport/manual

No xDrive from the factory had the true sport suspension, there is more body roll and the car can't be steered through the corners as easily with the throttle. In a straight line and in the wet an xDrive 335i will be faster than a RWD model as there is just more traction, but I think it was a disadvantage in corners. Drifting is very difficult in an xDrive 335, I had mine on the track a number of times and even with DCS completely disabled with all-season tires it was difficult to drift as there was too much interaction with the front putting power down. Would've been cool if BMW would've given the driver more control over the torque bias from front/back.

I much prefer the feel of the RWD/ZSP, especially with the manual. It's just more engaging. If I could've bought a 335 E91 here in RWD with M-sport/6MT I would've considered it though, we get screwed on engine choice in the wagons here. I've thought about seeing how much it would cost to put an N54 or a V8 from an E90 M3 in there, but for now I'm pretty happy with the way this car feels.
Appreciate 0