View Single Post
      05-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #46
mullrat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

I had a beautiful Cayman S. Blue with a tan interior before I got my 335i.

It's a wonderful car. On the track it is like a surgeon's scalpel. In the right hands it can be a beautiful thing to behold. The thing just feels so balanced and agile. In the times I took it to the track and really pushed it, I could outrun cars with more power and proported agility. It gives you the confidence to do this and test your chops as a driver. The only complaint I had was that it was underpowered. The car was balanced and good enough to handle waay more horsepower than it had. All in all a wonderful car.

However, as a daily driver it is not so good. The ride is rough. It's very loud inside which is good on occasion, but after a 12 hour day, not so pleasant. The place where I live, the streets are terrible. i had 2 flats in the first year which cost me $1600 to replace. i don't know which is more disturbing the cost or the fact that a little pothole can cause a flat so easily. The cabin is rather small inside for larger folks like myself. (6'2" 210lbs). The throws on the manual were very long and the clutch was touchy for day to day driving. It had no real options for stereo upgrades except from the factory which were very expensive. It's also extremely low to the ground which often makes you invisible to soccer mom's in their mammoth suburbans and land cruisers. Many times I had to rely on the agility of the thing to avoid an accident.

In other words, it is a great track car. extremely fun to drive hard and fast, but as a daily driver it is just a pain. Just my opinion of course.