View Single Post
      06-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #8
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DIRTY5NJ View Post
Posted this up on n54tech and no one is of any help and they keep talking about auto or dct trannys when I'm 6mt. Any help of info would be great. Thanks.

So this past Wednesday I did a 1/4 mile run for the first time in my 2009 e90 lci 335i 6MT. Mods are jb4 G5 ISO, DCI, DPs, and a 60/40 mix of e85. I did my first run in map 7 and left DTC on. Time was an upsetting 13.440, 60' 2.230 and trapped at 106.09.I was shooting to be in the 12s since these cars stock professionally driven can do 13.5. Car is my first 6 speed and I've never done a 1/4 mile before. I know I shifted late in a few gears which is why I have a slow trap and also my launch was slow. I launched around 3k but my friend told me I should be launching at the highest torque curve which I have no idea what is it since I've never dyno'd. So please let me know what I can do to be in the 12s or even a 13 flat would make me happy. If anyone needs any more info feel free to ask. Thanks guys!
I track my car and once I got the LSD it was so much easier to transfer power on the ground. The DTC might be fighting you but you also need to learn when to shift and how to get your car lunched with min wheel spin. I don't know your experience but practice and learn what works on your car. Also, it depends what tires you have and the pressure.
Appreciate 0