View Single Post
      04-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Dom_J
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335 xdrive

Intake coupler kits / Silencer delete

Do we have any replacing the gaudy intake silencer and accordion style connection?

The stock air housing is more than capable of feeding cold air to the engine IMO.

This unit is nice, gets rid of the restrictions and will deliver some decent sound but its not sealed:

Attractive design, cold air box style box, I don't know if those two vent cuts out are really needed and they kind of defeat the purpose of a "sealed" type design. $500 is a bit much for an airbox w/a cone filter.

I'm trying to put together a basic set-up that flows a bit better than stock, as these intakes do but the pricing is definitely a little crazy.

-Drop-in "free-flowing filter
-Coupler kit removing silencer/accordion style connections
-Kidney grill scoops

Shouldn't be $400 to put this together haha but I guess that's apart of the BMW parts buying experience like that $1200 factory exhaust set-up

I think I'll work on creating my own, some fine tuning and I think I'll get it sounding exactly like I want.....

Appreciate any help on the intake questions!
LAST 24 MONTHS = E90 328i LCI xdrive *SOLD* / E36 328is Because Race car / 11-Volvo S40 T5 *SOLD* / 96-Japanese Evo 4 *SOLD* / 04-Saturn Ion Redline *SOLD*/ 10-V6 Camaro *SOLD* / E90 LCI 335XI aaaand I think I found a winner

...do it right or do it twice(or more)
Appreciate 0