View Single Post
      11-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
AllydNYC
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 91' E30 318is

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
This is how it worked at Staples.... I'm going to try and keep this really short, but it's inevitable it wont be. Staples isn't commissioned based but you do get bonus and stuff. This is how staples is currently (no I don't work there anymore)

I with it be easier to do bullet points (*takes off watch to make it easier to type*)
  • A minimum of 200 on each sale (this includes a warranty) say a warranty for $150 for a laptop, a mouse for $30, and then a flash drive $25.
  • This is called a market basked and Ultimate Electronics, Best Buy, Staples and other go by it. If you consecutively, not hit it they will either shorten your hours to make you quit, transfer you to other department or this is done if you miss it 3 times usually, just keeping hounding you about it.
  • Staples went like this (something like this ): Out of ALL the electronics sold that week a MINIMUM of 6% much be achieved on warranties... So say you did 20,000 in sales that week, $1200 of it needs to be warranties. If the store stays at 6% you will be bitched at for 'not using the right tools' to sell. Then there is tech work, something like %5 also I think out of the total. Most stores do around $15000 a week in electronics.
  • You do get a REALLY small bonus out of it. Some really "good" weeks that end at like 9%. You would get a bonus of like $6 TOPS. Also there are incentives, like if you sell ____ product with a computer you get an extra $2 bonus..... split between the rest of the electronics department.
  • If your trying to become a manager (aka a 'lifer' or I call them a low life, sometimes) this is what they care about. They don't give a shit how you treat the customer for the most part, don't give a shit if you can put the weekly truck away in only 1 shift.
  • If you went to another store and say you already have worked in as a sales rep for electronics the first question they ask is "what is your market basket"

I'm not reading this over, I'm sure there are typos and shit... 10 min is enough of one post....

On the other hand... working for this place is the shit

Appreciate 0