08-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #58
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cthulhu View Post
Light weight sports cars without LSDs are built to drive on tracks rather than drag strips. You might kill them on a drag strip, will not kill them on a highway pull (if they have a better pwr/weight and plenty of extra HP after they overcome drag), and definitely will not kill them on a track. Your car is heavy for no performance reasons.

All this stuff about being on a track has NOTHING to do with this post. It's a given that a Lotus is going to be faster around a track than a tuned 135i. It's also a given that an Atom is going to be faster than the Lotus, which goes back to my original statement that the two cars aren't in the same class.

The POINT of my statement earlier (and I'll repeat it for the 3rd time since you are totally ignoring it) is that it IS entirely possible for a 135i to outrun a Lotus. It is entirely impossible for it to outrun an Atom.

Nothing more, nothing less. Going on and on about power to weight and how the Lotus is a better track car is pointless....NO SHIT IT IS! No one ever said anything to the contrary. The FACT of the matter is that in the real world the Lotus isn't significantly faster than the 135i in a straight line and a "kill story" from the OP about a Lotus would be believable.
Appreciate 0