10-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #21
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

RFT Sensors

Hello,

I spoke to my CA about the winter wheels and the fact the dealer pricing is a little out of whack @ CAD$2895 (4 style 158 wheels + 4 Blizzak LM22RFT) for a 2007 E90 335i.

So we spoke about the fact that some reputable providers have packages @ around CAD$1700 to CAD$1900 ... he was pretty O.K. until then. So, he asked me about the way the car will detect a flat or low pressure, I told him about the TPMS sensors which seem to be OEM sensors recommended by the vendor. He did a printout of and and checked with hi technical department.

He just called me and told me that BMW does not have TPMS sensors in their wheels, that it's a sensors in the ABS Systems that measure the rotation or something like it to detect a difference in optimal pressure.

So he simply tells me to be careful and to check this out as well as hub fitment.

I just want to make sure, because this is one powerful little puppy and over the years the seat of pants have proven very sensitive to any abnormal wheel/tire vibration.

So what do you think?

Does any one have very technical info, a ".pdf" or pictures on the way BMW detects loss of pressure?
Appreciate 0