View Single Post
      09-09-2011, 05:46 AM   #29
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunpole View Post
Thanks for checking man. By setting the high pass at 500 hz for the front speakers, that actually helped the sound a little bit, it is not as harsh as before.

Hissing noise is still there as soon as I increase the gain. I can't hear it when volume and gain are turned all the way down, I am not sure if that increase when playing music and causing the harshness.

Of course the whole thing fell far from my expectation. After more tuning, I feel the Jehnert door speakers are too small to handle a lot of the lower frequencies > 200 and it gets distorted easily. Maybe the next step is to add a MS8 or some sort, but that would be down the road, I am staying put for now until someone can tell me what's wrong.

I'm glad everything worked out for you buddy, sorry didn't get a chance to take a picture of the door panel for you, hope you should be all set by now.
In amp installation instructions I have seen, it says to make sure your power wire from the battery to the amp stays at least 10 cm away from any other car harness wiring, I would check for this also make sure your power and ground wires are being run along side any of your input signal wires from the head unit to the amp.
Appreciate 0