kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
I'll try the cone intake for now...
Which one do you recommend? How hard is the install? Labor cost?

I'm looking to sell my car next year, installing headers will lower the value of my car IMO.

Thanks for the advice!
For cone intakes, I say afe with the heat shield or maybe the sonomita (idk if its spelled correctly) they're both good from what I hear. I haven't heard anything about injen intakes but those are pretty good as well. You just buy it and it'll take you maybe 20 minutes to install (if its your first time) and its a DIY. You won't have to pay anyone to install it, its a fairly easy task. as for headers, you can always take them off and resell them. People love it but will hop on a used/ cheap set in a quickness. You'll get most of your money back and you can throw your stock headers, cats and exhaust back on like it was never used. The labor, I'm not sure. DIY and its free lol as for a shop, they're expensive...
Difficulty level: 1 being changing your spare - 10 doing a full motor swap alone
Task of installing cone intake: 3( with tools)
Task of installing headers: 8( without lift) 5 (with lift) * both including correct tools
Hope this helps
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0