View Single Post
      06-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Sound quality - iDrive vs Std with Basic (euro) speakers

My car is currently having a parking dent (imparted by a delivery driver) repaired, I currently have a like for (almost) like replacement car on their insurance.

Both vehicles have the basic six speaker system. My vehicle has iDrive, the replacement has car "Professional Radio", as is as I understand it about six weeks younder than mine. (My car build late Jan'06, replacement probably early Mar'06)

It's one of those things that I'm not sure about, but I think the sound on the replacement is clearer. The music is basically accoustic guitar - Not played loudly. I had to reduce the bass setting and up the treble on the iDrive car when I got it. The replacement is about right with Bass and Treble central, and still I feel clearer.

I'll run a side by side check if I get a chance when my car is redelivered, but was wondering if anone else has any feelings or information on this.

Bear in mind that we are talking about the basic audio system, not the Hi-Fi or Logic 7 systems which are std or options on US cars.

(I'll post another tread in a day or twos time comparing iDrive and std control)
Appreciate 0