11-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #503
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanosracing View Post
I actually have done Tremblant many times. Calabogie would be the logical choice, not sure I would go as far as the Glen or Mosport.
Yeah, it's understandable as it is not easy to be far far away with a young family, although Tony will do everything to convince you to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanosracing View Post
Shannonville was my first ever driving school with the SAAB club. Back then the driving schools were not only about the "track", they had watered down skid pads, slalom courses and braking areas. Same applied to BMW schools. We are talking about early 2000's here. They would teach you how to vary tire pressures to make a FWD drift in the wet, pretty cool stuff. Now, it is all about the track.
That is not correct, as starting this year, BMW QC has skid pad exercises at Tremblant, Woohoo! I was quite disappointed to discover that my nannies were not able to be completely off, even after switching everything off. Either that or I suck big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
I think vanosracing should do Mosport.

And also Watkins Glen. He can bring the whole family to The Glen. Kids will love the sightseeing.
What did I say? Talking about the devil Although a friendly devil, I must admit