08-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Ninjaneer
Shadow Warrior
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan

Question Should I buy New or CPO?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here, been reading lots of posts. I'm planning to buy a 330i and I'm wondering whether to go NEW or CPO.

I'm set on the following:
  • 330i Arctic Metallic / Gray Leather / Burl Walnut Wood Trim
  • Pkgs: Premium, Sports
  • Sport Package
  • STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission
  • Park Distance Control (rear)
  • Comfort Access
  • On-Board Navigation System w/iDrive
  • Rear Deck Spoiler
  • MSRP: $46,060
  • Edmunds.com TMV (w/o Spoiler): $43,302
  • Edmunds.com Invoice (w/o Spoiler): $41,870 (spoiler is $365 MSRP)

Now, going NEW I get to choose exactly what I want. Going CPO, I may not find exactly everything I want and Arctic is a harder color to find according to my buddy that works at the dealer.

Of course with CPO I'd get the extended warranty (6 yr / 100K miles) included for free and a lower price than if I got it new. Also, I doubt I'd find a CPO with a spoiler, but that's ok, I can always add it later. Also, CA may not be available. I commute to work and estimate I drive 15K miles annually, so the ext. warranty sure does sound nice.

Does anyone have any advice on whether I should go new/CPO? Pros, cons? I'm not gonna die to have that "new car" smell/feeling but I also wonder, with CPO, how the past owner drove the car... didn't break it in properly? Abused the heck out of it? And since it's the end of the year, how much mileage they'd have on it by the time I get one, which takes from the warranty.

If I go new at this time of year, would I get a better deal since the 07's are coming up? Can anyone suggest a reasonable price I should negotiate to for new/CPO, considering the prices listed above?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0