View Single Post
      01-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Vishnu Stg 2: Inital 91 octane dyno testing

As some of you guys know, we got our catless Riss Racing dps installed the other day. It's been raining for the last few days so we haven't been able to do too much road testing. Today, the weather cleared up and I took it to the dyno. Here are the results on 91 octane. Yes, we are talking pure Shell 91oct. No race gas mix. No fuel additives. Nothing. So basically, as "real world" as you can get.

Mods:
Vishnu Prototype intake
Vishnu Cat-back
Riss catless DPs
Max boost: 14.9psi

Still running stock bypass valves and stock intercooler.

Condition:
~65F/38% Humidity
STD Correction of 1.0

For the sake of drivability and transmission longevity, I limited torque output.

Results: 390whp/390lbft

I'll post the dyno results up later this afternoon. But I think you guys will be very surprised by the shape of the curve we managed to dial-in

The notion of making 400whp on 93oct is now a reality.

UPDATE: Dyno Graphs

To give you an idea of what kind of tuning is involved when you have RPM/load specific control over timing, fuel and boost, here's a bunch of runs from today's tuning session (at various levels of tune):

Here's what we ended up with (peak HP at a Fergalicious 6500rpm):

Here's that final map with user torque set to 94%, 90% and 88%. Notice how power and torque are scaled so that they remain roughly even as you go up and down in User Tq values:

Cheers,
Shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 01-09-2008 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0