View Single Post
      01-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

E93 Audio Overhaul

hey guys, first time i'm posting in this section of e90post lol... when i get this done, i will do a write up and help people as much as i can, just hoping you guys can help me because atm i'm a noooob...

just a background on me, i did a full tear out of my old e46 and did all the sounds, but it was a 'juvenile' set-up, it was all based on getting the loudest possible sound, not really an audiophile set up... this, however, i do want to be high quality, but still loud... i have AKG K550s which are regarded as one of the best reference headphones ever made, and a full custom designed 5.1 surround sound system for my home cinema system - so you have an idea of what kinda person i am with sound lol....

soo, i want to do a complete tear out of the sounds in this e93... i want to keep the stock HU (it's a CIC system)... i'm guessing i have the base set-up as i do not have tweeters, buttt i have read somewhere that e93s have an amp even with the base set-up? need someone to clarify this pleaseee (the car sounds much bass-ier than my dad's e60 which does have tweeters so must have a better speaker package?)

anyways, this is my parts list (feel free to suggest anything else):
Processor - Audison Bit Ten D or JBL MS-8
3 x Amps - shown below
Front - Focal 100KRS
Mid-bass - Kicker SSM8
Rear - Focal IC100
Centre - Focal 100CA1
Technic Harness
Tweeter door grills
Centre console speaker grill
Sound deadening
Foam sealing
Wiring
Distribution block

Processor
Audison Bit Ten D
Fronts - 2 Channels (possibly send signal for rears and centres)
Mids - 2 Channels
Sub - 1 Channel
or JBL MS-8
Fronts - 2 Channels
Mids - 2 Channels
Rears - 2 Channels
Centre - 1 Channel (split to 2 channels for front and rear)
Sub - 1 Channel

Amp 1 - Kenwood KAC-X4D
Fronts - 2 x 50W RMS @ 4ohms
Mid-bass - 2 x 120W RMS @ 4ohms

Amp 2 - Kenwood KAC-6405
Centres - 2 x 50W RMS @ 2ohms
Rears - 2 x 50W RMS @ 2ohms

Amp 3 - Kenwood KAC-9105D
Sub - 1 x 600W RMS @ 4ohms

So everything explained:
Not sure on what processor to use, MS-8 seems popular with you guys, but I've heard really good things with the Audison... you guys let me know... not sure about my choice in amps but the kenwoods have always been reliable and sounded good to me (get good reviews too)...

Not sure if it works like this... but if I had the Audison, could i send the output signals to an amp for the fronts and split it to send a signal for the rears and centres (and then adjust the gains on the amps myself to what I like)?
or if I used the MS-8 split the single centre channel to give a signal for 2 speakers...

and this talk of a 2nd centre - basically I wanted to build a custom enclosure for a 2nd centre speaker to be put in the arm rest bit of the rear seats... I think it'll look cool and sound pretty good too, but correct me if im wrong lol...

Cos bootspace is limited, I wanted to build a custom subwoofer enclosure which will fit in the skipass hole and use the alpine shallow sub facing inwards (like this)... Atm there's a false wall but i'm sure it can be removed... And then I wanted to mount the amps on a false floor and wall in the rear section of the boot... Make it a clean build but it doesn't have to be showy!

that's everything! please do let me know if you think this is a terrible build or it's actually interesting... i haven't seen many e93 audio builds so know what i can do is actually hard to research!

any help will be much appreciated!

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0