View Single Post
      12-10-2007, 02:09 AM   #30
TTBM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by longodj View Post
LOL, you're funny. I bought the 335 because I'm a college kid that wanted a fun practical car and I've always had BMW and always loved the BMW drive. I (unfortunately) got the sedan because it's practical. I (sort of fortunately) got xDrive because I live in Rochester (i.e. snowville). I got the 335 because when I heard BMW was putting parallel twin turbos on one of their already fantastic engines I think I wet myself. I went to my first track event in the 335 and was hooked. So my thinking is that if I can make my daily driver PERMANENTLY perform better than why not? Of course at this point the logical decision is to do things like...suspension, wheels, and sticky tires and such to have some fun at BMWCCA and keep daily driving nice, and get a light track car (read beater car) for NASA and the like.

shimshimhada, thanks for the info. I'll definitely play around to get something sorta kinda like that on track days :-P My girlfriend would kill me if my car ever looked like that when she was around though.

Don, I think I'm looking at SSR Type C RS with Kumho Ecsta MX. I think I'll be able to use that setup as a track/summer setup to ease into track tires as I'm not sure if I'm perfectly comfortable putting myself on R comps just yet. I've recently gotten more serious about brewing beer at home and thus most of my money has been shifted from my car to my budding nano brewery Come spring (after 2 jobs) I'll have plenty of money to spend on tracking though, so wheels will come then.

sflgator, I agree that it's harder to remove weight, but I'm a strong believer in starting with a strong foundation. I am in computational mathematics and even when programming I always do foundation (platform) first and then add power (efficiency). I'd rather have a light, well handling car with normal power (hell the engine is good enough already ) than a heavy, poor handling car with a ton of power. Once I am more comfortable with my platform (get rid of the slight boat feeling), then I'll add a nice piggyback, etc. I've actually stopped myself from buying downpipes like...two weeks ago. So I'll probably end up with at least those by next month or something :-P
thats understandable. good luck to you
Appreciate 0