View Single Post
      05-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
Unhappy LEA69 - Need Advice on Rear M-Soort Bumper- URGENT!

Hi guys, the inevitable has happened this morning, my 8month old car got rear ended on the Eastern Frwy by another 5 series.... Silly woman was NOT paying attention to the traffic, but was looking at a previous accident pulled over in the service lane. My car was up front, with a Lance in the middle and we were both stationary and this bimmer merged into our lane and was looking at the service lane accident and didnt brake! Slammed into the lancer and lancer into me. Lance was crushed both front and rear bad... its like a foot dented inwards.... both bimmers suffered minor damage but bumpers will need replacing. I must say, Bimmers are built to last... far out!

ANyhow, my car will be going into repair next week. I have a LeMans blue M-Sports rear bumper....am thinking now is a good time to go for something after market perhaps like an AC Shnitzer bar or something.... but I will need it soonish as I only have free car hire thru RACV for 2 weeks....

Question 1: Is there anywhere local that sells quality rear bars for the current E90 2 series?

Question 2: Overseas... can deliver quickish to my panel beater?

Question 3: Should I go for after-market or stick with current M-Sports bar. I will not be changing the front bar....

Just that I will need to sort this out today or tmrw to get the ball rolling on the repair work. Any advice will be appreciated!