11-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #37
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
No, but I did talk to Terry over the weekend and although his solution works as designed, it's not able to maintain the volume demand that's required. I'm sure eventually Terry will find a solution, but I can tell you the FFTEC / Vishnu solution does the job. I'm still running my stock LPFP and didn't get any LPFP codes and my car was running 100% E85 over the weekend and putting down 422 rwhp and 448 ft/lbs on a Mustang Dyno. All in all that's good news for everyone who wants to run e85. Can't wait to see what upgraded turbos will put down, because RB's have a lot of room to grow with upgraded fueling and e85.
They are tuning E85 for RB turbos. Tuning for 520+whp is a bit different than stock turbos. I know they have made 500rw on E60 no meth but over that the high pressure fuel drop came back. I think they were running a richer AFR also for testing. So leaning it out would probably allow more power but their goal was to find the next limit so they could whittle away at it. The Walbro in tank pump is holding it's full 72psi to redline now where the OEM would fall below 50psi so it's a move in the right direction. They suspect there is some new limiting factor in the high pressure pump that needs to be addressed.

Mike
Appreciate 0