View Single Post
      02-13-2015, 04:24 AM   #100
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

This is more of a starter for the process of my next mod as there's a little more work involved lol.

I actually picked this up off eBay (before I'd even bought a car lol) in November for the princely sum of £80 lol.

It's a genuine E92 M3 CF roof:

Now as you can see it isn't mint but I figured maybe it just needed a bit of machining and possibly a re-lacquer. Unfortunately not though. The guys who will be doing the roof swap said a couple of the scratches were a little too deep.

Doesn't look too bad in the pics:

So after doing the deal with Sam on his bumper etc and telling him of my plans to do this mod he was intrigued. So we found another one and I bought it too lol.

The second one has a little bit of delaminating but I've found a company that can repair both and basically return them to new.

So need to work out the logistics of getting them both up to the guy to repair and then get the one fitted to mine and see if anyone would like the other.

Will keep you updated of the repair process.

This is one mod I've ways wanted to do to my cars and finally think the 335i is the one to get it. These will help to lower the centre of gravity as they are damn light.

Last edited by RajB; 12-08-2017 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0