alx.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320iA M Sport

Garage List
2006 e90 325i  [0.00]
N52 Rough Idle / Performance Issues

Hello guys,

Sorry i didn't take the time to present myself yet, i promise i'll do so when i get home from work tonight with pictures and everything. I did read on this/use the search thread but i am very desperate.

Having some trouble with my n52b25 that has driven me to the point of giving up and selling the car(even though i wouldn't since i love the thing). When the car warms up it starts to have an erratic idle/pulsing. Also when pulling away i get surges and the WOT is close to non-existent...When revving the car from idle it starts to shake at about 1800 RPM and when it comes back down the pulsing starts again.

I have changed: 6x bosch spark plugs, 6x bosch coil plugs, vanos solenoid replaced with OE + cleaned the one that wasn't throwing any errors, reset adaptations of the car so it can re-learn, cleared fault codes(had the solenoid error for the exhaust but it never came back after replacing the solenoid). What could it be? I would really appreciate any input as i am at the end of my wits. Could it be the eccentric shaft sensor? I understood if that one fails due to the oil inside of it it will also cause start-up problems. Disa valve? What else should i check next without having to throw two salaries at it?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read.
Appreciate 0