01-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #38
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
id pass on the aquamist for this car if im honest.

if you run one of the piggy backs, you will have probably the best use of methanol you can.

also, another option is to run a Cobb tune with a JB4 (they go for cheap used), as a methanol controller, direct access to your ecu, and you'll catch a problem a lot quicker than you would with an aqua mist.

im running JB4 G5 board on my car, and it catches and auto tunes during my track days.

also, are you lowering the car? the LSD is helpful, but if you are gonna be aggressive on the track, you might want to think of running some m3 Components. http://hpashop.com/BMW-E8X-E9X-to-M3...conversion.htm

hpa, has some great kits for the suspension, immensely knowledgeable people, and will give you an honest assessment of what you car needs.
Can you talk a little more about why you are against a standalone aquamist, other than the obvious lack of integration (I am aware it has the capability)? Is yours an argument against the efficacy of the Aquamist controller, or simply that you don't recommend a standalone option? If I went standalone, I would plan on running stock boost and timing, etc. Thanks

I don't have plans to lower my car, though I may get my hands on some Koni FSDs or Bilstein adjustable shocks if I have the spare coin. Unless/until I become adequately proficient, I doubt I am skilled enough to benefit from corner weighting so I'm not in the market for coils just yet, and I'm happy with the stock ride height.

As for the M3 bushings, yeah I will probably end up doing that too, but I see that as a stage two or three mod for me. I like to mod in stages and as my skill/awareness of the car increases, so that I can really articulate my need for the mod, and feel the results- that's just me. But, that being said, if the handling is truly horrific because of the soft rubber, I may do it sooner.

My intent for my first outing is to make the car trackable from a thermal stability and safety standpoint. Then I will focus on performance adders as I identify the weaknesses according to my driving style (again, barring truly limiting issues like traction and the case for an LSD).
Appreciate 0