View Single Post
      10-26-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

First Track Car build up time with background

I've been using the forum since 07, disregard the date when I joined :thumbsup2: Let me start with a little bit of my vehicle background and tracking background.

First of all my first vehicle was a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES. Mods were true CAI, kw suspension, custom interior;cosmetics if you will. I learned how to handle a little bit with that suspension and it was my first taste of suspension work that I accomplished myself. I did all my work from day one of ownership of my first vehicle.

Second vehicle was acquired when I was in England. I owned a Toyota Soarer GT-T Twin turbo with 2jz and AEM CAI. That vehicle was my first TT and higher powered car, so I experienced a few track days with that car I tracked it at Snetterton and Donington Park... I miss it to this day :roll:

Third vehicle is the famous e46 m3 vert. This is and probably will be my favorite vehicle for a very long time and probably will buy one for my lady or z4m later on down the road Anyways, this vehicle showed me what an all around performance car was and how it did its job thoroughly! Suspension was stock but I had Fabspeed headers/HFC/Shark software/HR spacers and front and rear sways/BMC filters and it was SMG. I took this vehicle on the famous Nurburgring a total of 8 times before selling it and I have also driving on the Grand Prix track there as well once. Very lovely car and as you can see the paragraph is larger on this one haha.

For the winter time I own a 320i Euro spec as I'm still in Germany. Front and Rear sway bars, NGK plugs and performance filter with high measurable oil. No radio/light seats/lowered/ I6 with 5 spd are the jist of what I installed for it. I bought new drills rotors/HAWK hps pads and ECS tuning lines for it but I soon realized that it was a bit more of a winter vehicle not a drift car because of rust issues and I sold the random extra parts.

Now onto the good stuff, e92 m3, "light package" I like to call it. AW/Coupe/EDC/DCT/ipod. Thats all the options I got because I want to do this vehicle up properly. I've already ordered 275/35/18 for some extra grip and 255 35 18 soon. Going with HFC and X pipe from Fabspeed as well as a tune from ESS up in norway and finally lower it a taste with HR. I do understand that by lower a vehicle with EDC the highest mode of EDC will be absolutely useless as far as staying on course because of the rigidnss and stiffness of the suspension at this point with being lower. Only EDC at normal will be used.

Along with those few things that I've already said, haha, what other up coming things do you guys here at the forum think I can add to the vehicle or improve on or remove for a better suited track vehicle/weekend vehicle?

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0