ray_futbol
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 328i|E70 LCI xDrive50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aig01 View Post
Thanks, received the same quote from Tunerworks, with about 6hrs. of labour, I don't think that included alignment.

What did you end up spending on the bilstein setup? + install, thoughts on why you went with it, did you source locally?
Buddy of mine gave me his hibachis pro springs from his 335i which i'll be using. Biltstein's i bought locally which were about $800 ish. Install is approx $500 including alignment.

Decided to do this instead, because it seems like too much of a hassle just to raise and lower for winter, and just so many more problems with our colder winters and lots of salt etc. Cold weather, the coils could get a little squeaky and heard from others which I'm not sure if it's true or not, but their adjusting bolts ended up rusting so they lost that function
I'm also not tracking the car either, so another reason why i went with shock/strut + springs

Heard the bilsteins are just a tad stiffer than ZSP's. The koni sa yellows front are adjustable which is nice, but they're back ordered just about everywhere i checked.

2013 VW Golf R | APR Stage 2+
2015 BMW F06 640i xDrive | M Sport Edition | 20' Avant Garde M510
Retired 2009 E90 328i xDrive | M Sport | BMW Performance Grille, Intake, Exhaust, BBK | AA Stg 2 | 3 Stage Manifold | Bilstein Sport | Eibach Pro | OEM CF Spoiler | CF Lip | Alufelgen SF-71

Last edited by ray_futbol; 05-20-2012 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0