View Single Post
      05-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
nickgoa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
That was absolutely perfect except the very last step... you have to press the Homelink button inside the car 3 times while the opener is in LEARN mode, the garage should open (or close) on the 3rd push.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
It's actually very easy.

1. Insert key in car, press the start button to turn on ACC mode. (you can start the car, but there is no need).
2. Press the first button and the last button together for 25 seconds. The light should flash rapidly at that point. By doing so the homelink memory is erased.
3. Place your remote control between the mirror and the windshield (driver side) and press and hold both the remote button and button 1 (if that's the one you want to program to open the door). Pay attention to the LED light beside the 3 buttons. It should flash slowly, then flash rapidly. When it flashes rapidly, release both buttons.

(DON'T STOP NOW. YOU ARE NOT DONE YET).

4. Grab a ladder and pop open the bulb shield (or whatever you call it) on your Sears garage door opener. Look for the red square LEARN button. Press it once and the orange LED light will lid up. Quickly press and hold the button on your homelink mirror (Button 1) until the lightbulb on the garage door opener blinks on and off.
5. Press the homelink button that you programmed and see if that opens the door.

Good luck

This is something that has been bugging me for a while...

I kept trying at different times and then have just lived with it for a while.
Now I have some free time and trying to tackle it again.

You have set out some very specific and simple instructions to follow...
however I can not get past step 3. I have tried pressing both remote buttons (tried button 1,2 and 3 in the car) and the garage door opener and the homelink button continues to blink on a slow pace.. I've tried different angles, from the front of the mirror, behind etc. I can not get it to fast blink.
so I can move on.... (side note: I know it can fastblink since it does in step 2 where the memory gets cleared.)

I've tried putting the garage door mechanism on learn mode and then starting the process...and still same results. This happens for both the outside gate door to the property and the garage door. I can not get either to get past step 3.

Any suggestions whatsover?

the car is a US spec bimmer in Europe.

Thanks,

Nick
Appreciate 0