View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
e90335imike
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
You can't compare the ZF 335i transmission service cost to the GM one, the ZF fluid is really expensive like 30 a quart times 7 on average what is needed for service.

Not to mention the pan cost, if you get the BMW ZF branded one its 300, if you get the ZF non-BMW branded one its 110 (same exact part).

You can get the Pan+Gasket+ZF Lifeguard 6 fluid online for less then $300 and do it all yourself for a 335i.

I'm not sure what shaft seal they are talking about but most people also change the Mechatronic Sleeve (A sealing sleeve for the transmission electronics connector that leaks and requires you dropping the pan again to change it) while they are in there.

Its a really cheap part.

ZF themselves recommend changing the fluid at 60-80k if you drive your car aggressively I would believe the transmission manufacture over BMW's marketing team.

Lifetime fluid means 100k, you could easily wait that long on a softly driven 328i.

That price is high though, I would look at around $600 to get a shop to do it with pan(integrated filter) gasket and fluid and labor.

With a lift its a non-time consuming job.
Does anyone have a link to the ZF fluid change kit? I found it before but too lazy to search haha
Appreciate 0