View Single Post
      07-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

After having exchanged a few PM with Bentrix, here is a brief review.

1. The exhaust thing is something that I should have done from day One.
2. The BMW Performance exhaust should be standard for Sport Pack N52 cars. The N54 is Ok as is in my book.
3. It is very silent at speed, no drone at all. Still it is there when solicited.
4. The midrange growl is back and finally I recognize most of the L6 sound of my E46 (M54). But it is not as raw. The E90 cockpit is better insulated and it shows. There is MUCH more noise difference outside than inside. I would have appreciate a bit more of it inside, but in the long run and as a daily driver, it is probably the best balance.
5. If you want to bring back your old muffler back in your car, don't assume that the dealer will package it right. They just put plastic bags over it and a sharp edge scratched my rear door aluminum trim. They took a picture and will likely address my claim. At minimum they should have used cardboard protectors.

Anyway it is a great progress. But I plan to add an intake so maybe right or wrong it will compensate the 10-15% of sound that I feel it should have inside.
Appreciate 0