BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07lilredwagon View Post
Follow up on this:

I did some more research on this part and the more I read, the more guys are able to grease and re lubricate the parts of the wiper arm, shaft and bearing and all is well again.

cost: 4.99 for WD 40, 6.99 for some mulit grease....(whole tub for future use) and about 1 hour of your time.

Side note, I was able to fix my auto fold mirrors the same way when they went haywire......used the same tub of grease, too!

JP
I am confident your findings are accurate - I challenged the Stealership on the bill and my initial findings (courtesy of this thread and described above) and picked up the car today. They told me they "did" try to get it to release(surrrre they did) but had to replace it instead (of course.) They said they "Helped me out," (instead of "helping themselves" I guess?) and reduced the bill from $499 as quoted to $395. Still Totally F-in Ridiculous. I noticed the part is $130 (instead of $70) and they charged me TWO HOURS of labour, which is similarly BullSheit as the first hour should be part of the repair once I agree to it.

Whatever. Lesson learned. I fell for it, they fuct me, now I know not to bend over in front of them. Next time, I will be FAR more carful.
gosh darn it.

haha - I just noticed I wrote "carful" instead of "careful".
thought it was funnier, wrong, so I left it.
Appreciate 0