View Single Post
      01-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #65
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

The factory woofer is a 4ohm woofer, however Earthquake released the SWS8-xi (2 ohm) to be a direct replacement for the factory systems.

I guess the amp puts out more power with a 2 ohm load and drives them properly?
I know when we tried the 4ohm ones in mates car a few years back running of the L7 amp they were not loud enough, he ended up adding an amp to drive them properly.

I know people who have put the 2 ohm ones in and run it off the L7 amp and said that it is fine, but I have never heard them.

I would give it a go and see what you think.

The Extremely Versatile SWS Subwoofers

The SWS-8XI by Earthquake Sound features a mounting depth of 2-1/8". With a depth this small the applications for this woofer are endless. This shallow-woofer-system series subwoofer is perfect for those with limited space but that still want some bass in their car. This woofer is also the perfect replacement for factory upgraded systems, especially BMW vehicles. The woofer features a light weight resistant PVC cone and a long-lasting UV treated high-roll composite foam surround for added rigidity, stiffness, longevity and increase power output and performance. Don't let the size of the woofer fool you into thinking it's not powerful, with an Xmax linear excursion of 23mm this woofer will hit low-frequencies with accuracy and precision for a clean, crisp, and responsive bass reproduction. Although often imitated the SWS's 3 protected U.S patents assure that it's never duplicated. If you have 2.5" of space to spare then there is no other option than the SWS series subwoofer.

Subwoofer Features:

8" Shallow Mount 2 Ohm Subwoofer
Power Handling:
Peak: 300 watts
RMS: 150 watts
Impedance: Single 2 Ohm
Long lasting, UV treated high-roll composite foam surround
Fits the factory BMW bolt pattern
Perfect replacement for factory upgraded systems
Easy 8" door-mount
Easy under-seat mount
First in-dash mount