View Single Post
      04-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #87
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

+1. Realistically speaking, a tune is probably the best one could hope for for the N51/2 engines.

For the tuners, it doesn't make sense to FI a 325/28/30 which requires a hell of a lot more time and R&D effort than to develop a tune for N54. FI for 325/28/30 = $$$ to R&D, $$$ to sell = less potential customers. 335 tune = $ to R&D, $ to sell = more potential customer = more profit.

For the customers, personally speaking I would rather have a 335 with factory warranty than a SC on my 330i without a warranty.

Put it this way, BMW poured millions, if not billions, of dollar into developing the N54 engine and related components, yet they're faced wtih a faulty HPFP... Do you think a tuner can get it right the first time when they FI the N51/2 engines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid View Post
you couldnt pay me to put a sc on my 330i...sounds like a nightmare/money pit waiting to happen. I'd take a stock 335 anyday. FI motors are engineered from the factory to be FI and n/a motors with a blower/snail never add up to a motor designed for boost