Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Congrats Danny-Boy!! Spill the beans!!
Sorry Carlos,

E90post was down for me last night.

Anywho:

I wanted:
A dark colour
with coloured leather (ideally champagne or red)
HK
Sunroof
Nav
heated seats

I got:
2002 Titanium silver (yes 2002 as an AUC)
SMG
54k miles
19" alloys
Grey leather
HK (with tape player!!! and CD changer) no nav
Sunroof
Heated seats
graduated screen

All in all i'm happy, the price was very fair, mileage very low, and a BMW warranty (especially on the SMG) is very reassuring.
When i got to the garage the car was on the ramps, having a full set of disks and pads, so i got to look at the subframe (the parts you can see) and all the underside of the car which was great. I also got to talk with the master tech, who is clearly an M car enthusiast, and was brimming to tell me about the car.
It also had yesterday new diff oil and seals, new tyres (conti's) on the front, and nearly new (avons) on the rear. Wheels are off this week for a refurb.

A couple of common points on the car (wing mirror and top of front arch) had started to bubble, so these are getting done in the dealers bodyshop next week. I made sure i didn't make the same mistake again of letting them use chipsaway or similar again (previous experience.)

Then it's getting a full machine polish and vallet ready for collection.

Of coarse, with an AUC i get 1 year extendable warranty, 1 year MOT and 1 year breakdown cover.

I don't usually gush, but i have to say the whole buying experience was a joy, and a credit to Williams BMW in Liverpool.

As i said, happy and can't wait.

P.s. I suppose i should have my own thread really.