View Single Post
      08-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Thanks guys! That's a good frame of reference from BavarianX. I think the performance BMW set drops another .5 in front from stock(sport susp) and less than that in the back. I noticed from Gordon's pictures that there's not the cup on the back spring but it wouldn't come out on mine so maybe that's a difference on the E90. There was a rubber grommet at the top that KW said to remove, which I did.

Thanks Ghost, I was looking for that confirmation on the rears. I'm guessing the springs of different KW setups use the same perch. You're right, it's not too bad, it's just extra work to adjust the height. I'm just being whiny because the front is so easy in comparison. That, and the fact that the first time I put the control arm bolt back in I was swearing under my car for a couple hours. Could have been that I was tired from the day already. When I did the other side the next morning it only took me 40 minutes start to finish to put in the new strut and spring. I found a trick for lining up that spindle ball joint with a screw driver. Took 2 minutes for that bolt instead of 2 hours.
Appreciate 0