06-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bols View Post
They definitely need one maintenance every winter/year but that's mostly it. (Except from break-in period maintenance etc)

I have the 2012 gtr215 and a friend has the 2012 rxt260. Both are awesome, never have been a big fan of Yamaha. Whenever we go out it's mostly 80 to 90% BRP and then some other brands for good reason. They look great and imho are among the best machines out there. I'm not going to say they are unbreakable of course, take care! A lot of people don't understand the way water vehicles manoeuvre coming from land vehicles Throttle is key! The brakes (ibr) on the new BRP's are very effective and safe.

You need a (fairly easy to obtain) license all over Europe, can't say about the states.

Regarding salt and fresh water: This is no problem since it's a closed system. However when you've been to salt water make sure you hose it off and rinse the system every time! (if you love the machine that is)
In the back near the pump you've got one or 2 anodes. These protect your pump while laying (still) in salt water for prolonged periods. If you have it in salt water a lot you may want to replace these with every maintenance because they get eaten away.

oh and have fun! Can't go wrong with it You can tow inflatables, wakeboarders etc... It makes for a great day.
Exact response I was looking for. Thanks for all of the info. Depending on how this following year goes I'm hoping to pull the trigger on one for next summer. Post up some pics of the jet ski's. Hopefully you have some action shots!!!!
Appreciate 0