View Single Post
      04-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #322
gary328xi
JetInsp
Rep
Drives: 07 328 XI & 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ages944 View Post
Ok, well I got my car back this week from the dealership. It was in for its CBS oil change. While there I asked them to run the car at cold idle for 10 mins hoping to trigger the tick. Bottom line, no tick, no investigation. They couldn't hear it, so they can't/won't investigate it. I know this sucks guys, but it seems that all the dealerships are like this. They need to see it for themselves before they'll do anything.

It's not just engine repair either. One of the other things I wanted them to look at was the fact that my door handles were sticking. There's even a TSB out on this subject, stating that sticking handles need to be replaced. However, the dealership couldn't replicate, so no new handles for me (at least not till next winter when they start sticking again, lol).

So, I guess my moral is that if all you have is an engine that ticks intermittently, don't be surprised if you don't get anywhere if they can't hear it while the car's at the shop. However, I do think it's retarded that they seem to stick their head in the sand when you show them a video clip of what's been going on. To me, I would think that one of those should be sufficient to crack the engine open, so I feel for you Arrowhead. I'd be pissed too.

As for me, I think I'll be taking the video step a bit further. I think that I'm going to just take a dated video clip every time I hear the tick the next few times. In this way, I'll build up a record of evidence of sorts for the next time the thing goes in. Maybe that will help persuade them (doubt it, but at least I'll have some tangible documentation of what's been going on).

Dude i feel for you. Do yourself a favor send and email to BMWNA customer service att:

BMW of NORTH AMERICA
Att; Nina Englert , Manager
BMW PLAZA
MONTVALE, NJ 07645.

201-263-8202

Then call everyday a few times fill her voice mail until she get back to you .I'm sorry but you got to do whatever it takes. They took your money dont let them run now.
Appreciate 0