View Single Post
      11-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #94
point665
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Alright - I've attempted this repair 3 times and my squealing has just gotten worse and worse.

1st time - noise completely disappeared for a week - thought I didn't let the anti-squeak compound dry long enough...

2nd time - noise came back after 1 day (although very light) - this time I hit the contact points with a grinder really quickly and let the compound dry for 4 hours before putting the parking brake assembly back together

3rd time - noise is back and now the worst its been. This time I placed the compound on wax paper and let it dry overnight ( 3-4mm thick pieces). I did not remove the parking brake pads, rather just pryed them up a bit so I could fit the rubbery anti-squeak pieces in between the pads and the contact points.

Unless the noise is all of a sudden coming from the driver side (which I don't believe it is) - then this rules this fix out. Because the noise is still a "rotational" noise, maybe me placing the thick pieces of anti-squeak has shimmed out the parking brake pads enough to where their other edges are now making more contact with the back of the rotor? If so that could explain why the original filing down of the contact points had quieted the noise.

The noise is driving me nuts.
Appreciate 0